America’s Cup 34 got off to a rocky start in the July round robin phase:
- Artemis was still building their boat and did not race
- Regatta director Iain Murray lost a protest by Emirates Team New Zealand and Luna Rossa
- Luna Rossa boycotted the first race
- ETNZ dominated Luna Rossa, winning by as much as 7 minutes
But there is good news, too!
- Artemis launched their boat and foiled on the first day
- The AC72’s are amazing to watch
- Oracle Team USA has been training with two boats. Can you tell them apart?
- The semi-final between Artemis and Luna Rossa will be full of emotion –
can underdog Artemis be competitive with the Italians?
- The America’s Cup Match in September will be spectacular – one of the boats may dominate, or we may have a knock down, drag out battle.
Racing next week: Artemis vs Luna Rossa in semi-final
- Best of seven – first to four wins.
- First race Tuesday 6 August.
- One race per day – seven legs. See the course layout here.
- Race days: Aug 6, 7, 9, 10; If neede: Aug 12, 13, 15
Louis Vuitton Cup Final
- Starts August 17
- Emirates Team New Zealand vs semi-final winner
America’s Cup Match
- Starts September 7
- Oracle Team USA vs Louis Vuitton Cup winner